Pumpkins on the Prairie has been a beloved tradition in the Frisco are for over 15 years. Each year our neighbors come from miles around to share in the joy that a day outside in the fall weather brings to people of all ages. Families come for pictures, to find that perfect pumpkin, and just to be together. We have met thousands of local school children during field trips, celebrated birthdays, and absolutely loved every day of it.
In planning for the 2020 season we have been faced with how we can love our neighbors by keeping everyone as safe as possible and how we can love our neighbors by still maintaining this tradition for our community. In conjunction with the city of Frisco, we have made plans for a shorter season, with several other adjustments. We won’t be having the hayride, bounce houses and some other activities. We will still have photo ops, pumpkins, and a sincere welcome to everyone who comes to our patch this year.
While Pumpkins on the Prairie is going to be a little different this year, we are so excited to be opening and look forward to seeing everyone!
Pumpkins on the Prairie
2020 Season Dates
Saturdays: 10:00 am-6:00 pm
Sundays: 1:00-6:00 pm
Monday-Friday: 3:00-6:00 pm
We are located at the SE Corner of Main & Teel in Frisco on the Grace Avenue UMC property.
There is no entry fee to come to our patch!
Covid-19 Safety Precautions for 2020
Out of concern for safety and to help manage crowds will not be organizing any groups or field trips this year.
- Masks are required (for 10 years and older) in the patch with the exception of when people are taking pictures.
- Hand sanitizer will be available as people enter and exit the patch.
- One family will be allowed per pumpkin bin at a time.
- The patch will be limited to 35 families at one time. If the patch is at capacity, there will be space to wait while remaining safely distanced.
- Transactions will take place as contact-free as possible and credit card machines will be wiped down after each use.
- To remain as contactless as possible, we are only accepting credit cards and exact cash amounts. No change will be available.
- Volunteers will be temp checked upon arrival and asked screening questions regarding symptoms or exposure to COVID.
- Please bring your own wagon to carry pumpkins.
Please note that our patch is staffed by volunteers.
We ask that you remain courteous to them as they work to make sure that everyone feel both welcome and safe!